Saturday, August 23, 2008

My appointment yesterday

Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... all because I talked the lady out of making me give blood.. BUT! I do have to have it done before I go in to see my doctor in 3 weeks. So she gave me the best option I think is out there. I have my paperwork, so all I need to do it wait for a certain bout of courage and I can go to the new hospital in the valley when ever I want. I was also told its ok to take half a xanax! That makes me so happy. Piece of cake.. Kind of. Anyways, So we heard the heartbeat. the little bugger was hiding behind my veins so it was kind of hard to hear over my heartbeat which was LOUD and FAST.. I was nervous.. I started crying when she was talking about taking blood.. Lame. But we heard it! And I am going in on Friday again to have an ultrasound so see exactly how far along I am. The doctor thinks I'm about 9-10 weeks. I was thinking I was 10-12, So I was waaay close!But.. She could be way off, hence the reason we're doing the ultrasound :) She told me to get LOTS and LOTS of protein and fiber. When you're pregnant, you GI tract slows 50%! Horrible, huh! She gave me the same prescription for my stomach meds, Zolfran, that I was taking before because it's awesome. She also gave me a prescription for Zoloft because I've been a bit depressed because of all the hormone changes. That should go away with the morning sickness all because my body will be getting used to the hormones. I also have a constant headache, that's because your body creates a whole bunch more blood for the baby. My doctor also gave me like 6 different kinds of vitamins with DHA to sample to see what one I like best. Have you seen those pills?!?!? They are freaking massive!!! They don't look like something you swallow... I was also given a bunch of magazines and informational papers on what I can and cant eat. I think that's about all the exciting things from my appointment. Right after mine I went with my friend Allyse to her appointment for the same reason as me because everyone bailed on her. She had an ultrasound! And she's only about 13 weeks but they already think its a boy! Well, they are 65% sure its a boy, but that's a GOOD percent! Alrighty, Here is a pic of my belly :) I can't do my pants up! I will scan a pic of my ultrasound when I get it next Friday. Did I miss anything you wanted to know about? Let me know! :)

No comments: